- Would you like to feel better prepared for your RCM piano exam in January?
- Would you like to receive written comments about your performance from a pianist with more than 15 years of judging competitions, festivals, and exams?
- Would you like to receive feedback from a concert pianist with over 30 years of teaching experience?
- Would you like to increase your confidence when performing in front of other people?
- Would you like to receive ongoing feedback throughout January as you prepare for your exam, including helpful tips for what to do on the day of your exam to be well prepared?
- Would you like to receive tips on practicing properly and preparing for an exam?
If you answered “YES” to 2 or more of these questions, our Masterclass and Coaching Program is for you. In fact, you probably answered “YES” to all of those questions.
That means we want to hear from you. In the first event of its kind, Quassica® Music Education and Dr. Dimitar Pentchev present:
During the Masterclass you will be able to perform all of your exam pieces, Etude/s plus Repertoire and receive written feedback later.
Also during the Masterclass, Dr. Pentchev will spend at least 30 minutes combined working with you on details of your performance, which means that you will be able to play some of them at least twice.
The fee for the Masterclass is $150 CAD.
The Masterclass will take place at Quassica® Music’s performance space, which is situated within Oakville Arts Studio. Friends, relatives and your teacher may purchase tickets for $10 and attend as an observer.
For an additional fee paid at registration, Dr. Pentchev will work with you for between 1-4 hours between January 4th and your exam, through skype or other online means to help you with your practicing and preparation. These are very intensive sessions, so we suggest you think carefully about how many you would need.
Their impact is very strong though and it will affect not only your exam preparation and success but the way you approach daily practice. They will also challenge your idea of what good progress on the piano means. These sessions will give you an insight into the best ways to practice pieces, sight-read, prepare for performance, work on technique and musicality of performing simultaneously and make the most of the wonderful world of piano playing.
If you have any additional questions about the Masterclass or the follow-up sessions, do not hesitate to ask on our Contacts page.